Programming Team Lead
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
As a Programming Team Lead, you will to help us create the best possible version of the games we work on. In this role, you would join and guide a programming team whose members share a common interest for programming, gaming and improving the game experience of our players.
What will you do ?
- Lead and manage a team of programmers dedicated to delivering features and fixing bugs in a live environment and on multiple SKUs;
- Build the schedule for the programming team;
- Assign tasks to programmers;
- Help estimating time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach and guide the development of the team members;
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team;
- Actively work with leads and people from other departments: producers, directors, designers, and artists;
- Provide help and support with programming when needed;
- Perform other related duties when required.
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code
- You have a previous experience leading and managing a team of programmers
- You have shipped at least one game with a full-life cycle delivery as a Lead Programmer
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C/C++/C#
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.