Technical UI Designer - Dead by Daylight
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
The Technical UI Designer will be the bridge between the UI/UX design and the programming teams. Using their knowledge of the Unreal platform they will create, design, and build user interfaces and animations that push the game UI to new heights of creativity. This individual should be comfortable working with the programming department as well as collaborating with the Art Director, the game’s creator, and the other members of their UI team.
- Conceive and create the visual content and animations associated with a game’s menus and interfaces;
- Build and integrate their designs into the game.
- Be willing to explore new technologies in order to help the team develop new UI techniques;
- Work in close collaboration with the UI/UX team and the programming team.
- Assist the programming team in the technical planning of the UI assets;
- Must have experience with Unreal Motion Graphics and blueprints;
- Having some knowledge of shaders and particle systems is considered an asset;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in graphic design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces and menu stylization;
- Strong experience designing UI and UX for videogames;
- Master at Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Have a good understanding of typography, iconography, colour theory, layout design, and animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface and user experience strengths and weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games!
Please include your portfolio in your application.