Senior Game Designer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
This position is within our original IP studio, Behaviour Digital.
You are the keeper of the creative vision of the game. You create and elaborate on the core principles of the game. You develop new mechanics and original concepts while staying aware of the technology and the brand in the context of competitive PC games. Your goal: produce an outstanding and unforgettable player experience that keeps players excited and viewers engaged. You are also responsible for ensuring that the development team clearly understands the vision of the game.
They are expected to receive and address feedback from (among others) the Lead Game Designer, Creative Director, the Producer and other parts of the studio direction.
- Provide design vision & documentation to achieve unparalleled gameplay, controls, interface, etc.;
- Provide time estimates, upon request;
- Search for solutions to address client & community feedback and stay on track (budget/scope/timeline);
- Maintain high-quality gameplay that stays within the confines of the brand;
- Acquisition of the user and retention strategies;
- Ensure that difficulty curves are consistent and appropriate for the type of game and audience;
- Build solid game systems and balance them during the whole life of the product.
- Create & update all game design documentation;
- Create and balance gameplay systems;
- Create & update maps (w/Level Designers).
- 5+ years of experience in the video game industry;
- Experience in designing highly entertaining game;
- Keep abreast of current trends in gameplay;
- Experience in an independent Studio in the gaming industry is a big asset;
- Strong interest in competitive games and video games;
- Desire to contribute to the game quality;
- Superior mastery of English is a must;
- Good knowledge of the video game streaming/broadcasting culture;
- Able and willing to adapt to constant changes;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in French and/or in English
- Involved in the pre-production production and post-production phases of at least 3 published games.
- Social benefits (disability insurance, extended health insurance, dental insurance, group RRSP, etc.)
- Competitive salary, according to experience ($65,000 - $95,000)
500-6666 Saint-Urbain, Montreal, Qc, H2S 3H1
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.