System Programmer- Unannounced Project
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is seeking a System Programmer for an unannounced project. The programmer will work, in a dynamic environment, with fellow Programmers as well as game and level designers on designing, implementing, and improving game systems.
Develop systems to support all aspects of the game. The tasks include, but are not limited to,
- Performance and memory optimization;
- Player progression;
- Game flow;
- Anti-cheat mechanics;
- Online and multiplayer systems;
- Integration of game engine updates;
- Engine systems (3D, physics, resource management);
- Multiplatform functionalities (PS4, XboxOne, PC);
- Various tools;
- Thoroughly test implemented features;
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area;
- 3+ years’ experience as an engine/systems programmer in the game industry;
- Strong C++ skills;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, or an equivalent game engine, is a big plus;
- Experience with online multiplayer game programming is a big plus.
- Ability to solve challenging technical problems, with excellent analysis, and rapid deployment of effective solutions;
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to produce efficient software designs, and to write clear and maintainable code;
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and requirements;
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work, manage their own time, and work within deadlines;
- Ability to pay a good attention to details;
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games;
- Good communication skills;
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.