Programming Technical Lead - Dead by Daylight
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour Interactive is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
With over 400K daily users in 2019 for Dead by Daylight, we are always trying to redesign and improve many aspects of its game mechanics. We are now looking for a Programming Technical Lead to help us develop it and constantly recreate the best possible version of this exciting live online horror game.
You would join and lead - a team where everyone shares a common interest in programming, improving our users’ gaming experience and our games in general. Together we try to find new ways to create a great gaming experience for all our users at all times and we would love for you to be part of this effort!
What will you do ?
- Implement critical modules of major features of the game
- Develop and/or suggest tools to improve the efficiency of team members
- Conduct performance and memory optimizations when necessary
- Conduct peer design and code reviews, and ensure that features implemented by peers are of top quality
- Work with the Technical Director on defining the technical needs for the projects
- Provide tasks estimates for major features
- Delve when necessary to unblock the production in difficult situations
- Mentor programmers on all aspects of game and software development
- Work with representatives of all aspects of a game production (artists, designers, producers, dev ops, etc.)
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C/C++
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements
That would be great if you are already familiar with :
- Unreal Engine 4
- Online multiplayer game programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.