Art Director - Deathgarden
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developer in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Do you have experience in the development of new AAA franchises?
Behaviour Interactive would like you to join the creative team behind the hit game Dead by Daylight to help develop its new project.
As Artistic Director, you will be responsible for defining the artistic vision of the project and will provide overall artistic direction, leadership and supervision of the artistic production teams. Working closely with the creative director, designers, programmers and external suppliers, you will ensure the highest quality artistic vision.
- Define visual and artistic standards and ensure that the material produced is consistent;
- Produce the required artistic documents and distribute them to the team;
- Design attractive visuals inspired by new intellectual properties or existing properties;
- Lead interdepartmental artistic discussions;
- Actively participate in the definition, maintenance and development of the artistic vision;
- Guide team members, freelancers and external studio teams as needed;
- Stay informed of best practices and communicate them to the team and discover the most effective competitive ideas;
- Lead the process of defining objectives, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms;
- Conduct formal and informal critical reviews and provide appropriate feedback;
- Approve visual elements and define quality standards, content structure and optimization;
- Participate in the creation of visual elements;
- Provide artistic support to Game Designers in the realization of their ideas;
- Maintain demographic and psychographic consumer awareness and take into account the latest market trends.
- Bachelor of Arts or another related degree, or equivalent experience;
- At least five (5) years experience as Artistic Director or Lead Artist;
- Have delivered at least two titles of high quality and varied styles;
- Experience in creating original intellectual properties in a video game context;
- Mastery of Photoshop and knowledge of Maya;
- Experience working with a game engine;
- Excellent innovation skills and excellent understanding of the creative process;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to visualize and communicate ideas;
- Proficiency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Ability to adapt work for marketing needs and supervise production;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent ability to work in a team;
- Influential, autonomous, resourceful and organized;
- Must be a video game player.
Your portfolio must be included when applying.