- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
As a Community Director, you will set the global direction for the Community teams for Behaviour’s original games to deliver the best experience to our communities. You will lead and mentor a diverse team of new and experienced community and influencer managers on multiple games. You will serve as the voice of the player internally, ensuring cross-collaboration between Community, Development, Product, Brand, PR, UA, Publishing and Customer support teams.
- Set the global direction for Community management for our current live games (‘Dead by Daylight’ & ‘Deathgarden: Bloodharvest’) and games in development
- Mentor a team of on-site and regional community and influencer managers to ensure their progress in their careers
- Hire Community & Influencer managers to support our ambitions
- Coach your team to create strategies to increase the quality of fan communication and develop tactics to grow local regional communities
- Enable your team to collaborate with partners (influencers, fan-sites, and other relevant parties) to promote our communication efforts
- Empower your team to develop innovative content creator engagement strategy
- Serve as the voice of community internally by establishing constant dialogue between the Community team and the various internal teams to ensure alignment on the objectives
- Improve the quality of our post-mortems and community sentiment reports that give insight into the player experience and helps prioritize solutions to topics causing negative sentiment
- Validate and manage the Community budget for all our games
- A passionate gamer; ideally an enthusiastic ‘Dead by Daylight’ or ‘Deathgarden: Bloodharvest’ player
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in video game community management or esports industry
- Experience managing community management teams, and strong passion for team building & individuals mentoring
- Strong understanding of current game/entertainment community and social media trends
- Knowledge of and/or network with current game community/influencers is a strong plus
- Self-motivated and able to develop new initiatives as well as manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Able to travel as required both globally and domestically
- You are fluent in English; speaking French is a strong plus
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.