UI Designer - Unannounced Project
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The UI Designer will be responsible for the graphical creation and production of the video games’ menus and interfaces. Well organized and structured, the UI Designer must streamline and communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, the game’s creator, and the Programming department.
- Conceive and create the visual content associated with a game’s menus and interfaces;
- Create the menus’ flow, layout, and assets;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas and knowledge;
- Complete research and gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management and reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the game’s graphical requirements, by having at hand the necessary reference material, and by clearly understanding the artistic direction and the technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the programming team.
- Diploma in Graphic Design or related area;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in graphic design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces and menu stylization;
- Strong experience designing UI and UX for videogames;
- Master Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash;
- Have a good understanding of typography, colour theory, layout design, and animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;
- Able to clearly identify interface strength and weaknesses;
- Passionate about video games;
- Having some knowledge of 3D modeling and web design is considered an asset;
- Experience with the Unity and Unreal Engine is a plus.