- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour Interactive is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
We are now looking for a Graphics Programmer to reinforce our team. In this role, you will be part of the development team and be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of various features of graphics rendering and optimization for the game.
What will you do ?
- Provide technical expertise to develop and optimize rendering technologies. This includes architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, profiling, maintaining, and support;
- Profile frame to assess bottleneck and implement technical solution to constantly push visual quality level;
- Work with technical artists, artists, designers and other team members involved in features’ development;
- Develop rendering tool and engine components;
- Review code from other team members when needed.
- 5+ years of programming experience in the game industry focusing on graphics
- Experience in design and implementation of graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware
- Experience with contemporary graphics API (Direct 3D, OpenGL) and Shader programming (HLSL, Cg)
- Strong math skills - including trigonometry and linear algebra
- Understanding of memory management, multithreading and runtime optimization
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Multi-platform development experience
That would be great if you have a previous exposure with :
- Developing on Xbox One and/or PS4 and/or Switch
- Developing with Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Computer hardware equipment
- Windows development
- Graphics tools and exporters
- Game system and functionality programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.