VFX Artist - Internship
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
- Creating and integrating in-game UI feedback VFX;
- Creating and integrating all environmental VFX;
- Creating and integrating all characters VFX;
- Creating and integrating all gameplay events VFX;
- Profiling all particles and shaders and optimizing them to maximise performance;
- Creating and integrating sky domes/boxes;
- Creating and managing all postprocesses;
- Design and implement static/dynamic lighting and reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create and integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design and art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between desing/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Creating flow maps.
- Understanding of particle systems;
- Understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting;
- Training from an art school or training in a 3D/2D animation program, an asset;
- Passion for VFX and animation in video games;
- Knowledge of different game engines;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The internship is for Fall 2019.