Lead Programmer - Dead by Daylight
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour Interactive is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
With over 400K daily users in 2019 for Dead by Daylight, we are always trying to redesign and improve many aspects of its game mechanics. We are now looking for a Lead Programmer to help us create with us the best possible version of this exciting live online horror game.
You would join and lead a team where everyone shares a common interest in programming, improving our users’ gaming experience and our games in general. Together we try to find new ways to create a great gaming experience for all our users at all times and we would love for you to participate to this effort!
What will you do ?
- Lead and manage a team of programmers dedicated to delivering features and fixing bugs in a live environment and on multiple SKUs (PC, PS4, XboxOne)
- Build the schedule for the programming team
- Assign tasks to programmers
- Help estimating time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach and guide the development of the team members
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team
- Actively work with leads and people from other departments: producers, directors, designers, and artists
- Provide help and support with programming when needed
- Perform other related duties when required
- This is a Senior role – you have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code
- You have a previous experience leading and managing a team of programmers
- You have shipped at least one game with a full-life cycle delivery as a Lead Programmer
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C/C++
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements
That would be great if you are already familiar with :
- Unreal Engine 4
- Online multiplayer game programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.