System Programmer - DeathGarden
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Are you passionate about video games and want to work in an exciting and dynamic environment? We have the job for you! Behaviour is looking for an experienced system (PS4/Xbox One) programmer to design, implement and refine the game experience as a whole. The system programmer will be an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the different basic functionality in craft, optimization and adaptation to console Xbox One and PS4.
- Coding in C++ engine-related items;
- Work on technical requirements checklist for PS4/Xbox one;
- Diagnose and solve problems to improve the robustness of the engine; Work closely with programmers, designers, and artists;
- Optimize the game code taking into account that it is a live and online game;
- Revise the code of the other members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering;
- 5 or more years of experience in the game industry as a programmer and ideally as a system programmer;
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading;
- Strong in optimization;
- Experience in development on Xbox One and/or PS4 consoles;
- Development experience with Unreal;
- Development experience with Windows;
- Experience in programming of features and game systems.
- Experience in physical effect programming of games;
- Experience in streaming and downloading dynamic assets and levels;
- Experience in creation of automated video game test systems;
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.