Senior Backend Programmer - Node.js
- Montreal, QC, Canada
We are Behaviour Interactive, a passionate and talented Montreal-based company of game makers who create top tier interactive experiences on all leading platforms. We work with the world’s most renowned
brands and develop our own, including the award winning Dead by Daylight. We have a passion for development and commitment to allowing creativity to thrive that always puts our players first. We constantly strive to challenge convention through innovation in design, technology, live operations, and visual styling.
With 25 successful years of being a proudly independent Canadian company, we continue to treat our staff with respect and continually foster a working environment that allows everyone to shine. We offer a great work-life balance, constant opportunities for growth and a fun and dynamic atmosphere.
We are seeking top talent to join our collaborative adventure. Join us to fulfill the needs of players everywhere, work on cutting edge tech, and create the best interactive experiences that the world has yet to see.
We develop our own backend solution to support many of our games. Within this framework, the responsibilities and requirements are as follows.
- Develop new server functionalities and maintain existing code base;
- Write specifications prior to new feature development;
- Diagnose and resolve problems to improve robustness;
- Collaborate closely with other programmers to provide services for the game server;
- Develop and perform functional and load testing;
- Optimize code, with consideration to the live & online aspect of the game;
- Perform routing code review for team members.
• Experience and knowledge of the REST and WebSocket communication protocol.
• Work experience (development and deployment) with web services technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure;
• In-depth experience and knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
• Extensive experience and knowledge of data modeling with a focus on performance and maintenance;
• Experience in load testing with distributed load generators.
• Development experience in a Linux environment;
• Web application development experience with React and / or Angular;
• Experience with AWS Kinesis, RabbitMQ or other messaging systems;
• Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (networks, CPU, memory, IO);
• Server / client development experience, including security and network traffic management.