Game Programmer - Unreal C ++ - Emerging Platform
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behavior is looking for programmers to develop game features. The programmer will work in a dynamic environment, with other programmers as well as game and level designers on prototyping, designing, implementing, and improving many aspects of the game
Develop systems to support all aspects of the game. Tasks include, but are not limited to
• Progression of the player;
• Pairing of players;
• Game flow;
• Anti cheating mechanics;
• Online and multiplayer systems;
• Motor systems (3D, physics, resource management);
• Memory Performance and optimization;
• Various tools.
Work with the creative director and game designers to develop character characteristics, such as player mechanics, player controls, camera, powers, interactions with objects and other characters, weapons, etc.;
Develop other game features, such as achievements, balance of game features,
Work within an interdisciplinary team with programmers, designers, artists, and facilitators to reach the appropriate solution to achieve the desired quality and performance;
Carefully test the implemented features;
Participate in design reviews and code reviews;
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field;
• Strong skills in C ++;
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4, or an equivalent game engine, is a plus;
• Experience in programming multiplayer online games is a plus.
• Solve complex technical problems, with excellent analytical skills and rapid deployment of effective solutions;
• Work well in a highly collaborative team environment, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic;
• Produce effective software designs and write clear and sustainable code;
• Adapt to changing needs and requirements;
• Prioritize, plan, organize work, manage time and work on time;
• Pay attention to detail;
• Judge the quality of a feature against other current competitive games;
• Good communication skills;
• Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.