Speech Language Pathologist
- Anaheim, CA
Make A Difference For Kids With Autism: Speech Language Pathologist!
Ready to join one of Inc. Magazine's fastest growing private companies in the U.S.? Want to find out why we’ve been named one of “50 Best Workplaces” by the Silicon Review?
Behavioral Health Works, Inc. (BHW) is looking for caring, compassionate, and high-energy individuals who want a rewarding career that makes a difference in the lives of those affected by Autism.
Apply Now: http://www.bhwcares.com/career/
Where are the open positions?
- California: Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, Alameda, Santa Clara, Monterey, and Contra Costa counties
- Nationwide: Massachusetts, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Hawaii, and Florida
- International: Canada
- This position provides Speech Language Therapy consults to clinic patients under 3 years old
- Completes assessments for new on boarding clients as well as existing clients
- Must be familiar with/ and able to score Rossetti infant toddler scale and Day-C
- Must complete reports utilizing BHW templates and submit to BCBA in a timely manner
- Must turn in scoring booklets by assigned deadline
- Able to access and utilize the calendar system to keep updated with appointments
- Maintains accurate and complete knowledge of CPT codes and ICD codes to ensure appropriate reimbursement from various payor sources
- Has working knowledge of RCOC Early Start Intervention Services
- Assists with Therapy Services Department projects and community education
- Supervise SLPA
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or Communicative Disorders from an accredited educational institution
- Currently holds a California license as a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Current Pediatric and Adult First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with small children with autism or developmental disabilities
- Ability to work independently
- Conversational fluency in sign language or a second language, particularly Spanish or Vietnamese, preferred but not required
- Able to lift 30 pounds and use full range of motion
- Ability to maintain positive attitude when working under deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
What are the work hours?
- Full-time opportunities are now available with benefits offered, depending on amount of hours worked per week
- Sessions occur 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, with Monday - Friday with some weekend sessions available. BHW requires therapists to be available to work during our high demand hours of 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
What benefits does BHW offer?
- Health: 1) All employees are eligible for dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage with the company 2) Full-time employees are eligible for medical coverage
- 401 K: BHW offers a generous 401 K package with employer matching for eligible employees
- Drive Time: Employees are paid for drive time at the minimum rate and receive mileage reimbursement
- Technology: Laptops, smartphones, and tablets provided to clinical staff
- Sick Days: All employees are eligible for sick days in accordance with state law
- Paid Time Off (PTO): PTO is also offered to employees at all levels
- Supervision: Employees may be eligible to accrue BCBA, BCaBA, MFT, or Psychologist supervision hours under the direct supervision of one of our licensed or certified staff
- Paid Trainings: BHW offers paid trainings for employees at all staff levels
- Tuition Reduction for Partnered Universities: All BHW employees are eligible to enroll in courses and take advantage of discounted tuition with all of our affiliated universities. Partners include: National University, California Southern University, & Vanguard University
- Competitive compensation package: BHW prides itself on offering an industry-leading compensation package for all eligible employees
BHW does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). All employees must complete and pass a background check and show proof of immunization.