Registered Behavior Technician
- El Paso, TX
Behavior Change Institute is a nationally recognized service agency that specializes in providing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy for children diagnosed with autism and their families. We are always looking for motivated professionals who share in our commitment to improving the wellbeing of others!
Are you an energetic, caring, creative, and reliable professional with keen observational skills? Do you love working with children with special needs? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Behavior Change Institute, LLC provides intensive 1:1 instruction to young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) teaching tactics. Our behavior technicians teach communication, imitation, motor, self-regulation, and other skills from the child’s service goals via ABA techniques.
- Structured one-on-one instruction with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in their home, school and/or community settings
- Create a fun and supportive learning environment for children with special needs
- Implement educational programs and behavior interventions as designed by a Behavior Analyst Supervisor
- Promote the development of functional communication skills (i.e. speaking and using assistive communication devices
- Provide instruction on social skills (i.e. social interactions, play behavior, and conversational skills)
- Support independence with adaptive living skills (daily routines)
- Collect clinical data and track progress
- Participate in team meetings with a BCBA, parents and other team members
- Part Time: 10-20 hours per week, M-F at least 2 hours per day between the hours of 3:00pm-8:00pm.
- We’ll equip you with tablet technology and access to our state-of-the art clinical portal, where you can attend trainings, access curriculum and communicate with clinical experts!
- Comprehensive training & supervision by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Flexible schedule & competitive pay
- Opportunity to work with amazing children and their families!
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children
- Possess a reliable means of transportation, valid driver’s license, auto insurance and a willingness to travel
- Possess a laptop computer with webcam to access BCI’s online clinical portal
- Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing both written and verbal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Compassionate and understanding
- Legal authorization to work in the United States of America
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis
- Experience working in a home setting
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential (if you don't have the RBT credential yet please apply to our RBT Internship)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers card or active CPR card
- College education in related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, run, sit, stand and drive. The employee is also required to use their hands and reach with their arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to intervene in physically demanding behavioral interventions with physically aggressive clients.
We take great pride in our professional team and therefore we provide competitive pay and ongoing opportunities for professional development and advancement!