Registered Behavior Technician Internship
- Confidential: Clients Home, El Paso, TX, us
Behavior Change Institute is a nationally recognized service agency that specializes in providing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy for children diagnosed with autism and their families. We are always looking for motivated professionals who share in our commitment to improving the wellbeing of others!
Are you seeking clinical experience in the field of psychology, special education or behavioral healthcare? Do you enjoy working with children? Are you seeking an opportunity to learn and become marketable in the healthcare or education fields? Join our network!
Behavior Change Institute offers an accelerated 4 week internship program where you will learn the foundations of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and its applications in treating children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
The coursework offered in this accelerated training program provides you with the certificate of completion that is required to apply for the RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) credential and will prepare you for work as a Registered Behavior Technician!
Interns who successfully pass the RBT examination will become eligible for employment with Behavior Change Institute and many other ABA agencies nationwide! Prepare yourself for a rewarding career in the field of Behavior Analysis and join our network of providers! Acceptance into the internship enrolls you in our network of providers and creates eligibility for future positions on our clinical team! Seats are limited!! Apply today!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children
- Possess a reliable means of transportation, a valid driver's license, auto insurance and a willingness to travel to skills clinics weekly
- Possess a computer with webcam to access training online
- Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing both written and verbal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Basic Life Support (BLS) card or active CPR card
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- College education in a related field (Psychology, Special Education, Early Childhood Development)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, run, sit, stand and drive. The employee is also required to use their hands and reach with their arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to intervene in physically demanding behavioral interventions with physically aggressive clients.
We take great pride in our professional team and therefore we provide competitive pay and ongoing opportunities for professional development and advancement!