Registered Behavior Technician
- Anchorage, AK
Behavior Change Institute is committed to improving the lives of children and families affected by autism and other developmental disabilities through provision of individualized treatment based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Are you an energetic, caring, creative, and reliable professional with keen observational skills? Do you love working with children? If so, we are looking for you to join our team in Anchorage, AK!
Behavior Change Institute, LLC provides intensive 1:1 instruction to young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) teaching tactics. Our behavior technicians teach communication, imitation, motor, self-regulation, and other skills from the child’s service goals via ABA techniques.
- Structured one-on-one instruction with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in their home, school and/or community settings
- Create a fun and supportive learning environment for children with special needs
- Implement educational programs and behavior interventions as designed by a Behavior Analyst Supervisor
- Promote the development of functional communication skills (i.e. speaking and using assistive communication devices
- Provide instruction on social skills (i.e. social interactions, play behavior, and conversational skills)
- Support independence with adaptive living skills (daily routines)
- Collect clinical data and track progress
- Participate in team meetings with a BCBA, parents and other team members
- We’ll equip you with tablet technology and access to our state-of-the art clinical portal, where you can attend trainings, access curriculum and communicate with clinical experts!
- Comprehensive training & supervision by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Flexible schedule & competitive pay
- Opportunity to work with amazing children and their families!
- Health and Wellness: Full-time employees are eligible to participate in BCI's generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, health, dental and vision coverage
- 401-K Plan: Options are available to eligible employees (including money market and mutual fund investment options
- Professional Development Opportunities: As an employee of BCI, you'll have the opportunity to participate in ongoing training and professional development opportunities including paid training, participation in hands-on skills clinics, tele-mentoring and ABA Study Groups.
- New Hire Mentorship: As a new member of our team, you will receive comprehensive 1:1 support from a BCI Mentor!
- Staff Engagement: We invest heavily in employee engagement initiatives and sponsor ongoing opportunities for staff to connect with one another and establish long-lasting and positive relationships!
- Referral Bonus: If you have a colleague that you think might be a good fit for BCI, we offer a referral bonus after each successful hire!
- A minimum of an Associate's degree in a related field and Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Possess a reliable means of transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing both written and verbal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Compassionate and understanding
- Legal authorization to work in the United States of America
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be available between M-F for at least 3 after school session times between 3:30-7:30pm
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis and/or managing children with challenging behaviors
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) card or active CPR card
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential on file with BACB
- Experience working with individuals with special needs
We take great pride in our professional team and therefore we provide competitive pay and ongoing opportunities for professional development and advancement!