- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Bedruthan and Scarlet are set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and belong to the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, we are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
Reception is the heart of our Hotels here at Red Hotels. Absolutely no day is like another! A haven of calm during the quieter months, it turns into a fast-paced place to work during the busy periods - easily seeing many more faces during a peak day.
But we’re here for all sorts of other things too; helping colleagues with queries, looking after lost children, offering the occasional doggy day care service and providing our guests with information on the hidden wonders of Cornwall if our guests may wish to go and explore our beautiful coastline.
We are looking for an adaptable, friendly person who has a thorough understanding of a reception, can build genuine relationships as well as deliver exceptional hospitality with an impressive eye for detail. Excellent standard of computer literacy, numeracy, spoken and written English are essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Spend time getting to know potential and returning guests; anticipating guests needs and expectations
- Provide guests with accurate and up to date information
- Telephones to be answered promptly
- Greeting and hosting all guests and visitors
- Accurate use of a variety of internal booking systems
- Daily banking, floats and petty cash management
- Effective communication to other hotel departments
- Guest data protection
You will need to demonstrate:
- Previous admin experience.
- Positive, warm, friendly and the ability to build genuine relationships.
- A great, confident and articulate.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- £9.50 per hour
- Permanent contract offering up to 40 hours per week, including days/evenings and weekends.
- 28 days holiday per year / 29 after 1 year
- Discounts on services and products at Red Hotels.
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.