Sales Team Leader
- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Bedruthan and Scarlet are set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and belong to the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, we are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
As sales team leader you will be responsible for the day-to-day sales team function and revenue optimisation. The reservations department provides detailed commercial and guest information whilst assisting the Reservations and Revenue Manager and Deputy Reservations and Revenue Manager with weekly and monthly reporting. The reservations team will be a one stop shop for all spa, room, restaurant and event bookings.
As part of this role, you will ensure that communication with the operations teams is timely and robust and work daily to ensure spa columns, room gaps and opportunities are maximised. Although most decisions you make will be based on a pre agreed selling strategy at times you will be required to take short/mid-term decisions based on historical and current trading conditions.
Working with your team you will provide an internal sales support service which really understands the commitment and excellence we deliver in spa, hotel and F&B operations. Our sales and pre arrival experience should support this commitment to excellence and ultimately enable us to stand out from the crowd.
About you: Highly motivated and driven commercially your team and those around you will feel engaged and valued through your commitment to a mutual shared success. Your knowledge of the spas and hotels operationally will be strong and you will prioritise the development of your team’s knowledge in this area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementation of new spa system with the production of real time reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure our recruitment and training for new and existing employees is supporting our sales targets and guest delivery. You will ensure your team have the appropriate level of trading knowledge and celebrate success.
- Work closely with the operational team to optimise availability and support any operational challenges.
- Establish the sales team to facilitate all reservations.
- Work with marketing to provide information for any initiatives and to highlight those areas with low usage/occupancy
- Ensure that attention to detail is key, through booking checks, training and feedback
- Motivate and enable the sales team to exceed budget delivery
- Minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory role within sales
- Experience working in a commercial sales environment
- Ability to understand, communicate and drive a positive sales culture
- A genuine desire to learn and educate others in general developments in the spa industry
- Ability to take responsibility of own workload and of department providing first class sales service to guests and internal departments
- Ability to manage at multiple levels
- £22,000 per annum plus target-related bonus
- Permanent contract offering up to 40 hours per week, including days/evenings and weekends.
- 28 days holiday per year / 29 after 1 year
- Discounts on services and products at Red Hotels.
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.