- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Bedruthan and Scarlet are set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and belong to the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, we are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
As an Events host you will assist with the smooth running of events including Weddings, meetings, private dining, craft events and general other operational delivery.
No matter if you’re at the Bedruthan or the Scarlet, the main job of our events host is to make guests feel welcome and as comfortable as possible. As guests begin to arrive, the event host is there to greet and introduce themselves and other guests. You will also play a critical role in supporting clients through the planning and lead up to their wedding, party or event. You will conduct viewings of our venues so an aptitude for sales would be an advantage.
About you: Highly motivated you will be able to work on your own initiative, enjoy the freedom this role provides and find genuine happiness from ensuring the events you deliver are truly memorable. You will enjoy working within a fast-paced environment across two hotels with various event spaces and offers. You might already be in the hospitality sector but this is not essential as we want the right person to join our great team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organise events and ensure all spaces are clean, presented to agreed standard as per the client’s requests and hotels standards.
- Liaise with clients during the day at the appropriate time i.e. during breaks and lunch to ensure they have everything they need.
- Ensure any last-minute updates and or changes are communicated to all the relevant departments and any feedback is noted and actioned.
- Ensure that you are aware of the day ahead and what is needed from you to ensure a smooth operational delivery.
- Understand our product and be able to talk with confidence and ensure all sales opportunities are maximised.
- Previous experience in a guest/customer facing role
- Sound English oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in using information and technology
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- £9.50 per hour
- Permanent contract for 40 hours per week including weekends
- Relocation temporary accommodation available
- 28 days holiday per year / 29 after 1 year
- Hotel tips
- Discounts on services and products at Bedruthan and the Scarlet
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.