Events Team Leader
- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Bedruthan and Scarlet are set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and belong to the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, we are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
As events team leader you will ensure the smooth co-ordination and delivery of events at both of our hotels (The Bedruthan and Scarlet Hotel) ensuring the service you deliver exceeds our guests’ expectations providing truly memorable experiences. The service you provide should be both seamless and professional and those you work alongside should feel motivated to provide the very best service.
We want you to fill empowered with our guests and ensure that you do whatever it takes to ensure the event is a successful and delivers a service our competitors cannot reach.
You will ensure that our clients on the day find you and the team approachable and with a genuine interest in the success of their event and delegate happiness. This role leads from the front ensuring that all public and delegate areas are at the highest presentation levels and you will ensure those around you are aware of what good looks like.
About you: Highly motivated you will be able to lead a team or work on your own initiative, enjoying the freedom this role provides and find genuine happiness from ensuring the events you and the team deliver are truly memorable. You will thrive working within our fast-paced environment across the two hotels with various event spaces and embrace the variety this affords. You might already be in the hospitality sector but this is not essential as we want the right person to join our great team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organise events and ensure all spaces are clean, presented to agreed standard as per the client’s requests and hotels standards. You will ensure that the team are fully aware of what needs to be achieved.
- As the key point of contact you will meet and greet our clients and during the day at the appropriate time i.e. during breaks and lunch to ensure they have everything they need. Should you be unable to connect you will ensure a member of your team is aware they need too.
- Ensure any last-minute updates and or changes are communicated to `all the relevant departments and any feedback is noted and actioned. Your team will communicate with you regarding any changes or feedback that needs to be addressed understanding the importance of getting it right.
- Ensure that you are aware of the day ahead and what is needed from you and the team to ensure a smooth operational delivery whilst ensuring people are in the right place at the right time.
- Understand our product and be able to talk with confidence and ensure all opportunities are maximised feeding back any leads to sales.
- Ensuring we are fully aware of all events that have taken place so when we contact the client post event, we can assure any recommendations or feedback is noted.
- A genuine desire to deliver great hospitality
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in events of food & beverage supervisory
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels
- Impeccable standard of professional discretion
- Ability to take responsibility of own workload
- £22,250 per annum
- 40 hours per week including weekends
- 28 days holiday per year / 29 after 1 year
- Hotel tips
- Discounts on services and products at Bedruthan and the Scarlet
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.