Therapies Team Leader
- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Our hotels have been cherished and nurtured by two generations of the same family for over 50 years to give our guests memorable holidays in this uniquely beautiful place.
Bedruthan is set in a natural playground with the beach just below us and some amazing facilities at the hotel itself. You can stroll along the foreshore, get a surf lesson or two and walk the cliff path to Bedruthan Steps – one of the north coast’s most dramatic beauty spot.
Red Hotels can offer staff accommodation (subject to availability).
The role of the therapies team leader is to deliver exceptional and inspired spa therapies, with firm Ayurvedic roots and many a Cornish twist, across our site, through supportive & inspirational leadership, team growth, and support a clear, consistent and adaptable operating plan that values individuals.
Within the role you will ensure that our team and guests are nurtured through your presence and support. Coordinate our agile team with clarity so our people appreciate the value of every interaction and the part they play in our wider plan & goals. Work with our leaders & managers across our business so it flourishes and all our people can contribute & celebrate this success. Collaborate to drive creativity and innovation whilst developing and retaining our therapist team. Be at the helm of our ship at the busiest times, flow between the hotels and see the sunset in our business each week. Focus on sustainable practices to protect the business for the next generation.
- Support delivery of an exceptional spa experience, collaborating with the experience team.
- Deliver team performance by celebrating successes and learning from failures whilst always inspiring growth.
- Support & inspire our team to deliver our unique & genuine experiences. Lead with empathy and by example, earning respect from your sound knowledge and command of your area.
- Ensure our team are nurtured through presence and support, to develop a stable, energised and professional work environment.
- Support in development and training to retain a therapist team who deliver exceptional therapies aligned with our therapeutic backbone with a unique, authentic connection.
- Deliver an agile workforce that is efficient and productive.
- Focus on sustainable practices to protect the business for the next generation.
- To create, maintain & evolve our unique operating standards across Red Hotels
- Our therapist training programme is dynamic and adaptable. You will collaborate widely to keep us learning and growing.
- Forecast the business and team requirements, when required.
- Plan effectively for team resources to match whole business needs.
- Empower your team to deliver through cross-selling and sales which add to the guest experience.
- Excellent management and support of budget holders to ensure delivery of profit budget.
- Ensure team deliver complaint solutions that are fair to the guest and the business whilst aiming to retain customer through brilliant handling.
- Lead by example and share knowledge of all policies in line with spa industry bodies and relating to the Safe and Hygienic operation of the business and to ensure that the hotel operates in line with our legal obligations.
- Two years’ spa/therapies management/supervisory experience
- Qualified spa therapist with hands on experience, knowledge of holistic and Ayurveda therapies and ability to carry out treatments in high demand
- Demonstrable experience of therapies team management focusing on hands on leading, maximising productivity and promoting team well-being
- Experience leading a large team in day-to-day spa operations
- Experience mentoring and coaching therapists, training new starters and ensuring high levels of service and standards throughout the team
- Demonstrable experience and strong knowledge of stock management systems, KPI’s and retail sales
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience working with spa software systems and information and technology
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, and attention to detail
- Proven organisational and administrative skills with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Guest focused, solutions focused and calm under pressure
Please note: Please ONLY apply if you have the relevant experience and/or ELIGIBLE to work in the UK.
In return we offer the following rewards and benefits:
- £24,000 per annum
- Permanent contract of 40 hours per week including weekends
- Relocation temporary accommodation available
- Discounts on services and products at Red Hotels.
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.