Deputy Welcome Manager
- Tredragon Rd, Newquay TR8, UK
Bedruthan and Scarlet are set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and belong to the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, we are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
As Deputy Welcome manager you will be creating a place where people want to be. Deliver exceptional reception welcome experience that extends throughout our guests stay, through supportive & inspirational leadership, team growth, and supporting delivery of a clear, consistent and adaptable operating plan that values individuals
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure our team and guests are nurtured through your presence and support.
- Progress our welcome experience, delivering a held, bespoke, informed, seamless welcome to both hotel guests and non-residents. Our receptions are the home of our welcome, the hotels the playground, and truly embody the 'home from home' style hosting across our sites.
- Coordinate your agile team with clarity so our people appreciate the value of every interaction and the part they play in our wider plan & goals
- Deliver a memorable informal style welcome and guest experience
- To create, maintain & evolve our unique operating standards across Red Hotels
- Be present when you are needed most
- Deliver team performance by celebrating successes and learning from failures whilst always inspiring growth. Reception functions and processes happen in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
- Forecast our business and team requirements, when required
- Day to day plan effectively for team resources to match whole business needs. Empower our team to deliver through cross-selling and sales which add to the guest experience. Interactions are beautiful and they count.
- 2 years management experience
- Guest service focus and experience in customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in using information and technology
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proven ability to direct a team
- £26,000 per annum
- Permanent contract (Full-time/part-time)
- Flexible working patterns which will include days/nights and weekends
- Relocation temporary accommodation available
- Development and training
- Career progression opportunities
- 28 days holiday per year / 29 after 1 year
- Free use of swimming pool and tennis court
- Access to gym
- Discounts on services and products at Red Hotels
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.