Research and Publications Manager (m/f/x)
- Kollwitzstraße 64, 10435 Berlin, Germany
Beam aims to become the most successful logistics company builder. At € 1,000 B, the logistics industry is huge. Startups are only beginning to scratch the surface of the transformation made possible by applying software to business problems.
Beam’s greatest asset is its people. We are looking for someone with a hands-on attitude who will contribute outstanding independent, critical thinking as well as excellent communication skills. Our core Beam team will remain small, but very high caliber in 2020. Expect a total of four team members plus several freelancers. You will be involved in all decisions taken – a fortunate implication of which is that we need you to learn and grow continuously, professionally and personally.
We are backed by BEUMER Group, a € 1 B revenue, German, family-owned logistics company with a global footprint and access to an extensive network of industrial customers. We are also confidently relying on our excellent network of startup mentors, venture capitalists, and technical experts. Headquartered in Berlin, we are committed to becoming the strongest, yet humble, partner for any entrepreneur who believes she can build a next-generation logistics company.
We want you to inspire and challenge us with your independent, analytical thinking. Your research and publications will be instrumental in identifying great problems, driving our startup building, and growing Beam’s reach and respect in the logistics and startup community.
- Assess problems that join our long-list. They will subsequently be pitched to interested entrepreneurs and are the basis for our startup building
- Support our validation teams with your research and analysis. You will be working with multiple teams and on many topics
- Regularly summarize your research in crisp and clear blog articles. Then advertise these through our social media channels
- Condense your startup, industry or technology research into 1-page area briefings which we can dispense inside BEUMER Group
- Dispatch our newsletter every two to three weeks. We have so far written about our findings as well as about the most noteworthy articles we have come across
- Manage our comprehensive list of more than 600 logistics startups and keep our calendar of relevant logistics and startup events up to date
- Work with a professional team that is aligned in values and mission
- Think and act long term: We are part of a family company. We are able to build something great over many years – and to invest resources to grow ourselves, personally and professionally
- Get exposure in the startup and logistics world. The results of your work will be highly visible. Should you want to move on, you will have tangible results and an extensive network to count on
- Rely on our competitive compensation
- Plan your personal development; e.g. professional training, field visits, a networking budget
- Work at our sunny office located in Prenzlauer Berg
- Put together the technical work setup of your choice
Our startup founders and entrepreneurs in residence seek your knowledge and advice. You are fascinated by logistics and technology developments – from the big picture all the way down to the details of excellent execution. You can leverage both your network and your quantitative skills to build the foundation for three successful startup launches per year. You are hungry to learn and always interested in the opinions of others around you.
- Excellent academic record
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated intellectual curiosity
- At least three years of professional experience working in technology, logistics or startups
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and evaluating business models
- Excellent communication skills, also in writing
- Skilled in strategic content creation
- The ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners, and entrepreneurs
- The ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Strong results-focused and team-oriented work ethic
- Fluency in English and German
You can expect three stages to the application process:
- Solve a set of assignments to help us assess your current skillset
- A short video call interview with our people operations manager to determine your team fit
- A final on-site interview with the managing director and the head of venture development
Your LinkedIn profile and/ or CV is more than enough for the initial application. If you want to add a cover letter, feel free to do so.