Entrepreneur in Residence (m/f/x)
- Kollwitzstraße 64, 10435 Berlin, Germany
Beam aims to become the world’s most successful logistics company builder. At € 1,000 B, the logistics industry is huge. Startups are only beginning to scratch the surface of the transformation made possible by applying software to business problems.
We are backed by BEUMER Group, a € 1 B revenue, German, family-owned logistics company with a global footprint and access to an extensive network of industrial customers. We are also confidently relying on our excellent network of startup mentors, venture capitalists, and technical experts. Headquartered in Berlin, we are committed to becoming the strongest – and yet humble, partner for any entrepreneurial who believes she/he can build a next-generation logistics company.
We are looking for entrepreneurs to validate business opportunities, compete with peers, be held accountable for the timeline and deliverables. Your goal is to create momentum in your validation and ultimately launch a high potential startup. We expect you to take full advantage of our office space, hold meetings and attract experts, customers and partners alike. An ideal person for this position is eager to create new and effective solutions for outdated and cumbersome logistics problems.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- You receive pre-validated business opportunities to choose from, and the freedom to develop your own business model and plan.
- You will have access to our network of experts, as well as our guidance and coaching on best practices.
- You will receive full support in co-founder sourcing, interviewing, and acquisition.
- You will have 24/7 access to our office space, meeting rooms, and can work with a technical setup of your choice.
- You will work in a competitive atmosphere with entrepreneurial peers.
- You will get a monthly stipend of € 2,500 gross for the duration of your validation (3-4 months). We want you to be fully focused on your validation.
- You will work with a value- and a mission-aligned team of professionals.
- You can dedicate your entire time and energy to your validation, and benefit from our help with the nitty-gritty.
- You can choose a flexible work setup suitable for you.
- Enjoy the high visibility and immediate exposure of your work to Beam and the BEUMER Group. Should you want to move on, you will have tangible results and an extensive network to count on.
- Think and act long term: We are part of a family company. We want to help you build something truly great over many years. We are not looking for fast exits.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
- 5+ years of professional experience with exposure to technology or logistics.
- Entrepreneurial and/or startup experience, knowledge of the European tech ecosystem is a big plus.
- The ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, business partners, and entrepreneurs.
- You are fluent in English and German.
Please send us your resume and/or your LinkedIn/ Xing profile. Please also include answers to the following questions:
- What is your current level of German?
- What is your specific area of expertise (business development, product, operations, etc...)?
- Do you have at least two years of startup experience, in which startup and which role did you fill?
- If you don’t have any startup experience, please tell us why founding a startup would be the next logical step for you in your career?
If we see a great match between yourself and Beam, you can expect an invitation to a short video call interview with our People Operations Manager.