- Hingham, MA, USA
Bay State Community Services is a not-for-profit human services agency, dedicated to improving the social functioning of adults, adolescents, and children within a framework that recognizes the primary importance of family and community. To this end, the agency's mission is to support individual, family, and community empowerment through an integrated, culturally competent continuum of social, mental health, addiction, and correctional services.
Bay State Community Services is seeking a full-time Residential Counselor for the Beal Street Adolescent Group home in Hingham. Residential Counselors are responsible for providing a safe and healthy environment for our residents (8 adolescents between the ages of 12 and 18). This position is responsible for carrying out the programming, activities, and therapeutic interventions of the program. Residents are often in great personal turmoil when they arrive. Counselors offer support, guidance, and structure to help the adolescents regain stability and direction in their lives.
• Bachelor’s level degree in Human Services field or related field preferred
• 1 year experience working with adolescents is preferred
• Residential experience preferred
• Able to learn, carry out and be certified in CPI physical interventions, and de-escalation techniques
• Able to learn, carry out and be certified in MAP, CPR and first aid
• Valid MA driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Acceptable CORI, SORI and DEEC background record check including fingerprinting
Walk-in job information sessions every Friday from 9-12pm at 1120 Hancock Street, 3rd floor, Quincy, or Thursdays 11-1pm 36 Cordage Park Circle, Suite 305, Plymouth.
On the spot interviews and get started on your new career!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Related Terms: Substance Abuse Prevention, Social Worker, Social Services, Mental Health, Behavioral Health.