Care Coordinator - Behavioral Health Community Partner Program
- Quincy, MA, USA
Bay State Community Services is a not-for-profit human services agency, dedicated to improving the social functioning of adults, adolescents, and children within a framework that recognizes the primary importance of family and community. To this end, the agency's mission is to support individual, family, and community empowerment through an integrated, culturally competent continuum of social, mental health, addiction, and correctional services.
Looking for a Care Coordinator for a Community Partner Program at our Quincy location. These individuals may have lived experience.
The Care Coordinator works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill or "high-risk" enrollee and their family/caregiver(s), clinic/hospital/specialty providers and staff, and community resources in a team approach to:
- Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for enrollee, care team, family/caregiver(s), payers and community resources
- Work with enrollee to plan and monitor care:
- Assess enrollee 's unmet health and social needs
- Develop a care plan with the enrollee , family/caregiver(s) and providers (emergency plan, health management plan, medical summary, and ongoing action plan, as appropriate)
- Monitor adherence to care plans, evaluate effectiveness, monitor enrollee progress in a timely manner,and facilitate changes as needed
- Create ongoing processes for enrollee and family/caregiver(s) to determine and request the level of care coordination to support their desire at an given point in time
- Facilitate enrollee access to appropriate medical and specialty providers
- Educate enrollee and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources
- Facilitate and attend meetings between enrollee, family/caregiver(s), care team, payers, and community resources as needed
- Cultivate and support primary care and specialty provider co-management with timely communication
- Assist with the identification of "high-risk" enrollee(the chronically ill and those with special health care needs), and flag in the EMR.
- Attend all Care Coordinator trainings and meetings
- Provide feedback for the improvement of the Care Coordination Program
- 1 Year of experience working with mental health/substance use disorders with a Bachelor's degree in a social services field; or
- 2 years of experience working with mental health/substance use disorders with Associates or no degree;
- Proficiency in communication technologies
- Highly organized with the ability to keep accurate notes and records
- Driving Requirements: valid driver's license; must be 21; regular access to reliable transportation required; driving report from Registry of Motor Vechicles upon hire;
- Experience with EMR systems and reports is desirable
- Local knowledge about and connections to community health care and social welfare resources is desirable.
- Ability to speak relevant second language is desirable
ATTENTION! BSCS is hosting Job Information Sessions every FRIDAY from 9-12 at our Main location—1120 Hancock Street, Quincy. Come meet our hiring team, learn more about Bay State, and get started on your new career!
Hope to see you there!