- Braintree, MA, USA
Therapeutic Support Specialist
BRAINTREE AND PLYMOUTH AREA
Bay State Community Services is a comprehensive social services agency looking for dedicated and compassionate individuals who want to make a difference. We are committed to supporting, training and supervising our staff with the hopes that they will grow within the agency. We are proud of the longevity of our staff, many of whom have called BSCS their work home for over 20 years.
If being part of an agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision, and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, BSCS is the right place for you.
Youth and Family Services
- Provide Strength based and resiliency building activities
- Collaborate on goal development, crisis planning and problem solving
- Collaborate with family, treatment providers to ensure that services are integrated and clinically coherent
- Support implementation of clinician’s Community Support Plan
- Support youth and family to participate in community, recreational, cultural, artistic or social events/activities
· Support the youth and parent/caregiver in developing strategies for self-care
- Identify formal and informal community resources
- Maintain administrative and clinical records according to standards
- Co-Facilitate groups
- Provide education and awareness to outside agencies and community, as needed
- Provide advocacy for youth and families to ensure needed services are received
- Maintain policies and procedures for client care that are consistent with agency standards and funding source regulations
Professional Growth and Development
- Attend and use weekly supervision for professional growth and training
- Participate in staff meetings, clinical team review, and outside training opportunities
- Engage in self-evaluation to establish goals for professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field with 1-year experience with DMH youth -OR-
- Associated degree in Human Services or related field with 2 years of experience with DMH youth
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Creative and experienced with activity-based services
- Valid MA driver’s license with acceptable driving record and current proof of insurance
Acceptable CORI and SORI background record check as required by program
ATTENTION! BSCS is hosting Job Information Sessions every FRIDAY from 9-12 at our Main location—1120 Hancock Street, Quincy. Come meet our hiring team, learn more about Bay State, and get started on your new career!
Plymouth Job info.session: Thursdays, starting January 24th 11-2pm at 36 Cordage Park Circle, Suite 305 Plymouth
Hope to see you there!
related terms: #mentor, #psychology, #socialwork, #adolescents, #youth