Senior Family Partner
- 400 Washington St, Braintree, MA 02184, USA
Bay State Community Services is a comprehensive social services agency looking for dedicated and compassionate individuals who want to make a difference. We are committed to supporting, training and supervising our staff with the hopes that they will grow within the agency. We are proud of the longevity of our staff, many of whom have called BSCS their work home for over 20 years.
If being part of an agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision, and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, BSCS is the right place for you.
The Family Support and Training Partner shall embrace the principles of family centered practice, and high fidelity wraparound. Responsible for collaboration with a variety of providers and community supports. The Family Support and Training Partner will engage the parent/caregiver in activities in the home and community. These activities are designed to address one or more goals on the youth’s ICP. In addition, the Family Support and Training Partner empowers families and supports family inclusion in all care planning processes. Provides supervision to Family Partner staff.
- Assist parent/caregiver with meeting the needs of the youth and meet one or more of the following purposes: Educating, Supporting, Coaching, Modeling, and Guiding
- Educating, Teaching parent/caregiver how to navigate the child serving systems and processes
- Fostering empowerment, including linkages to parent/peer support groups and self help groups
- Teaching parent/caregivers how to identify formal and community based resources (e.g., after school programs, food assistance, housing resources etc.)
- Assist in developing and identifying with the family their natural supports
- Bachelor's degree in Human Service field AND 1 year experience working with the target population OR
- Associate's degree in the Human Service field and 1 year experience working with children/adolescent/or transitional age youth OR
- High school diploma or High School Equivalency Test and a minimum of 2 years with experience working with children/adolescents/or transitional age youth
- Experience as a caregiver of a youth with special needs, and preferably a youth with mental health needs
- Requires 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience in navigating any of the child and family serving systems and teaching family members who are involved with the child and family serving systems
BSCS is hosting Job Information Sessions every FRIDAY from 9-12 noon at our Main location—1120 Hancock Street, Quincy. Come meet our hiring team, and learn more about Bay State, and get started on your new career! Please bring a copy of your resume.
All open positions may be found on the BSCS website under Employment Listing.
Hope to see you there!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Related Terms: Social Worker, Counselor, Clinician, Therapist, In Home Therapist, Psychology, therapy, in home therapy, social work, counseling, Bachelor’s Degree, BA, BS, BSW, Associate’s Degree, AA, AS, lived experience, life experience, human services, social services, mental health, behavioral health, special needs