Family Partner (Life Experience Required)
- Plymouth, MA
Bay State Community Services is a comprehensive social services agency looking for dedicated and compassionate individuals who want to make a difference. We are committed to supporting, training and supervising our staff with the hopes that they will grow within the agency. We are proud of the longevity of our staff, many of whom have called BSCS their work home for over 20 years.
If being part of an agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision, and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, BSCS is the right place for you.
The Family Support and Training Partner shall embrace the principles of family centered practice, and high fidelity wraparound. Responsible for collaboration with a variety of providers and community supports. The Family Support and Training Partner will engage the parent/caregiver in activities in the home and community. These activities are designed to address one or more goals on the youth’s ICP. In addition, the Family Support and Training Partner empower families and supports family inclusion in all care planning processes.
• Experience as a caregiver of a youth with special needs, and preferably a youth with mental health needs
• Assist parent/caregiver with meeting the needs of the youth and meet one or more of the following purposes: Educating, Supporting, Coaching, Modeling, and Guiding
• Educating, Teaching the parent/caregiver how to navigate the child serving systems and processes
• Fostering empowerment, including linkages to parent/peer support groups and self help groups
• Teaching parent/caregivers how to identify formal and community based resources (e.g., afterschool programs, food assistance, housing resources etc.)
• Assist in developing and identifying with the family their natural supports
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the Community Resources, state agencies, residential programs, group homes, foster care providers, service providers and community organizations at the area, regional and state levels
• Develop community partnerships with formal and informal community resources thus enabling family access to expanded, ongoing community based services for the children and families
• Valid MA driver’s license
• Current automobile insurance
BSCS is hosting Job Information Sessions on 10/5/17, 11/2/17, and 12/7/17 from 10am-1pm at our Plymouth location—36 Cordage Park Circle, Plymouth, MA. Come meet our hiring team, learn more about Bay State, and get started on your new career! Please bring a copy of your resume.
All open positions may be found on the BSCS website under Employment Listing.
Hope to see you there!
Full-time position with benefits
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.