Tool & Die Maker
- 21 Commerce Dr, North Branford, CT 06471, USA
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to use your production support skills in a successful and growing company? If you have a desire to work in an energetic, collaborative environment and you are looking for long term growth then check out this opportunity at Bausch + Stroebel Machine Company, Inc.!
Bausch + Stroebel’s Policy and Goals: to provide the best technical and economical answers to the challenges presented by the world market.
With this clearly defined company goal in mind, we design, build and sell packaging and production systems for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and allied industries. From modest beginnings 50 years ago - with only 4 people – Bausch + Stroebel has developed into an international enterprise. It is now one of the leading manufacturers in pharmaceutical packaging.
Serving a global market
In step with the increasing globalization of the pharmaceutical industry resulting, among other things, from the mergers of major manufacturers, Bausch + Stroebel puts great emphasis on the international market.
The development of a market-oriented, worldwide group of companies has brought Bausch + Stroebel increased market presence, proximity to its customers and faster communication between customers and staff. Representatives and agents serving our local market areas are active on every continent on our behalf.
We are looking for a Tool & Die Maker with 3 to 5 years’ of experience and a high school diploma from a vocational technical high school, completion of an apprenticeship program or community college/technical school training program.
You will be performing setups and operating CNC machinery (horizontal, vertical) to produce precision quality parts machining a variety of materials (SS304, 316L, aluminum and a variety of plastics, etc.).
- Program and operate a variety of machines such as milling machines, lathes, grinding machine and hand tools.
- Review shop orders and complete as needed.
- Perform own setups.
- Check dimensions of parts & hold tolerance according to print specs.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Ability to check dimensions of the part according to blueprint, by using precision measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, fixtures and gauges.
- Perform repair and preventative maintenance on shop equipment.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
Other duties, as may be required from time to time.
- Quick learner to become proficient at editing programs controls using G & M codes (Prototrak, MillPlus IT and CNC432).
- Work independently
- Highly dependable with an excellent attendance record is required
- Comfortable with metric system (all prints, machines and QC tools are in metric so no conversion is necessary)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse manufacturing environment.
In addition to competitive compensation, you enjoy working in a well-lit, climate-controlled environment and will be provided with company-paid uniforms.
Position Type: This is a full-time (non-exempt) position. Compensation will be based on experience.
Hours: M-F, 7:00 am - 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm – Overtime possible
Benefits: We offer medical and dental plans (company pays 80% of the premium for employee and eligible dependents); company-paid short term and long term disability plans, life insurance and AD&D plans; voluntary vision plan; voluntary life and dependent life plans; a 401k retirement plan with a 4% company match, company paid holidays and generous paid time off plan (starting with 18 days per year).
Home Office / Travel: This position is located in North Branford, CT. This position requires no travel.
If you meet the qualifications and feel this position is a good match to your skills and interests please send your resume and a cover letter including your hourly requirement.
Bausch + Stroebel’s US Headquarters is located in North Branford, CT
Bausch + Stroebel is an Equal Opportunity Employer