Social and Digital Media Executive for SPIN 1038 and SPIN South West
- Digges Ln, Dublin, Ireland
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
The Social and Digital Media Executive is responsible for the development and execution of SPIN’s social and digital strategy, engaging with and growing the brand’s digital audience to achieve the agreed KPIs.
· Total Digital listening (live, brand extensions, playlists, and podcasts)
· Page views
· Social reach
· Video views
This role is responsible for all digital brand platforms including app, websites, social channels, smart speaker, and 3rd parties.
Working closely with both the Programming and Marketing teams, your goal is to cultivate a strong community around the brand and recruit listeners via Digital channels: mobile, web, social media, video, etc.
Responsibilities, skills & qualifications:
What you’ll do:
- Work with audio and marketing teams to develop SPIN’s Digital Content Strategy across Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, WhatsApp and future social & digital platforms
- Write, Schedule and Share posts to SPIN social and digital channels
- Co-ordinate and schedule commercial and promoted social media posts and campaigns, tracking against KPI’s and budgets
- Create and publish multi-media content including stories, web copy, video, graphics, imagery, user generated content and web pages. You will also assist with Live video streaming, as required
- Update the SPIN websites and Apps and perform regular checks on all platforms to ensure reliability and availability
- Liaise with show teams to support them in social and digital promotion of their content identifying original content ideas to drive audience engagement and interaction
- Work with show teams to ensure all brand platforms (e.g., website, social media) are fully utilised
- Monitor and report on monthly KPI’s in a timely and informed fashion, identifying challenges and opportunities
- Create and implement SPIN’s Social Content Strategy identifying creative social campaigns to position SPIN as a leading social media brand within our core demographic
- Monitor user-generated content across multiple social channels identifying opportunities to utilise for SPIN brand
- Identify entertaining and compelling content that is timely and relevant to the SPIN audience
- Monitor audience feedback, responding and reacting appropriately
- Encourage engagement and interaction from the SPIN audience on social channels
- Manage the creation and curation of website content in particular Celeb, Movies & TV, and Lifestyle categories with the goal of achieving and exceeding monthly page views KPI
- Develop a video content strategy for the SPIN brand to grow our social video output in line with monthly KPIs
- Develop social and digital plans per quarter to support brand and programming activity
- Develop a TikTok growth plan for the SPIN brand
- Implement SPIN’s take-down policy where necessary
- Monitor statistics such as Google Analytics, site visits, mobile visits, social media growth rates
- Regularly feedback social and digital insights into the Programming, Marketing and Production teams, to support the evolution of the SPIN strategy
- Monitor trends in online community tools, emerging media, and applications
- Assist in training for SPIN staff in social media techniques and applications/development
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- A strong understanding of the social media and digital landscape and understand how and why things work
- Passionate about social media platforms and what they can deliver
- A big interest in music, entertainment and what makes the SPIN audience tick
- A strong understanding of the SPIN brand and personality
- A relationship builder with excellent people skills and a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbally
- An excellent attention to detail – particularly with grammar and spelling
- A strong administrator with exceptional planning and organising skills
- You know how to prioritise when things get busy
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a broadcaster or publisher is preferable
- Proficiency and experience in using social media scheduling and multi-media production software is a requirement.
The closing date for applications is Friday July 16th.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.