Resident Engineer/Sr. Inspector
- Somers, NY, USA
For more than 55 years Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C., has served the engineering needs of municipal, industrial and institutional clients across the northeast. We are a multi-disciplined firm of professional engineers, environmental scientists, planners and landscape architects with offices across the state of New York, and in Camp Hill, PA and Lanham, MD. B&L specializes in transportation engineering, water supply, wastewater management, solid waste management, land planning and site design, and environmental and facilities engineering. We are looking for bright, motivated candidates to join one of the leading consulting engineering firms in the northeast.
B&L has openings for a Resident Engineer (NICET IV) or a Sr. Inspector (NICET III) for the 2019 construction season. We are seeking administration/inspection staff for specific transportation projects throughout various counties in New York.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Prepare/assist in preparation of monthly payment requests
- Review claims for extra work and change order costs
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
- Assist in coordination between the owner, contractor(s) and government agencies
The ideal candidate will have highway/bridge/paving/drainage inspection experience. Knowledge of NYSDOT specifications and MURK procedures and protocol is required. Basic computer skills are necessary to utilize construction software programs. Recent Public Works, NYS Thruway, and DOT retirees are encouraged to apply. Must be authorized to work in the US, we do not offier sponsorship now or in the future.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.