SolidWorks CAD Designer
Baresque is a leading distributor and developer of quality interior finishes selling to the Architect and Design and contract furniture community in the hospitality, commercial and healthcare markets. Service is vital to our business success. We are renowned for our leadership in bringing a wide variety of quality contract interior design material and finishes from around the globe or manufactured in house to market. Baresque is the ‘go to’ destination for architects and interior designers seeking inspiration, quality product, outstanding service and insightful, solution-oriented expertise.
As the Solidworks CAD Designer, you will be responsible for creating and organizing the layout of plans, details and units on CAD drawings as well as translating sketches, and verbal and written information. You will be responsible for creating workshop drawings and working directly with the distributors. This position will require an individual that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for 3 key areas: Drawing, Operations and Customer Service
- Creating and organizing the layout of plans
- Detail and complete units on CAD drawings
- Translate sketches, both verbal and written information
- Creating 2D manufacturing files for CNC cutting machines
- Use templates from approved client designs to create Solid Works and AutoCAD drawings for client signoff.
- Generate manufacturing-ready DXF files for production
- Follow and create best practices for structural creation from software use to layout design
- Ensure external and internal client needs are met so concepts come to life in an innovative yet functional form
- Aid in the development of ideas from concept to physical form
- Offer recommendations and implement improvements in the flow of information, accuracy of the information, and efficiency of drawings.
- Be willing to learn and implement new software to help the drawing and visualization process.
- Assisting with the processing of customer and production orders
- Ensuring the correct flow of correct information
- Work directly with distributors
- Be the representative for the design team when meeting with customers
- Maintain/Direct customer service to internal and external customers
- At least 2 years SolidWorks experience
- At least 2 years AutoCAD experience required (2D and 3D)
- At least 3 years experience in CAD drawing for the manufacturing industry
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience reading and interpreting Architectural plans
- Basic understanding of file creation for CNC cutting machines
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Custom coffee bar and daily fruit and healthy snacks in the office, to help fuel your day
- Monthly team birthdays lunches
- Remote home setup including a monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Flexible working schedule: 7:30am – 4:30pm, 8am - 5pm or 8:30am – 5:30pm