- Port-Hacourt Rd, Nigeria
Our client is an indigenous marine logistics service provider company, incorporated to provide various marine services ranging from Marine logistics, Integrated procurement and engineering services in Nigeria.
- Manages logistics operations within the organization while providing expertise in controls and documentation for all types of moves
- Under general autonomy, provides management, leadership, coaching and mentoring to a team of logistics professionals.
- Works with Product Service Lines (PSLs) to identify needs and ensure inbound and outbound transportation is arranged to meet operational needs.
- Manages the performance of the service providers and looks at data over long periods of time to see trends.
- Forecasts trends and issues that may impact the future movement of goods, with detailed knowledge of legal and customs requirements for both local and international trade.
- Seamless scheduling of goods and personnels for drop-offs and pick-ups
- Develops and implements logistics strategies in line with regional initiatives for the company overall goal.
- Oversees contract management and execution to include: negotiating, setting price levels and/or approving significant contracts with logistics service providers
- Provides sourcing expertise using logistics technical knowledge, commercial acumen, and laws to negotiate agreements.
- Manages complex strategic logistics projects through a combination of leadership and subject-matter expertise.
- Manage suppliers delivery performance and maintain suppliers contracts.
- Support the Supply Chain Department on the strategic front of the Project Select phase.
- Ability to inject industry best practices, including 4PL management in strategies for managing logistics services and contracts.
- Efficiently and effectively execute a robust governance role for Logistics management
- Always operate to the highest productivity and competitive standards
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinker and practical executor.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with tense situations.
- Experienced in multi-drop transport management.
- Have excellent standards of numeracy.
- Intermediate User knowledge of Ms Package.
- Qualification: A degree in any related course
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ logistics experience
Net pay: N150K – N250K