- Lagos -, Lagos, LA, Nigeria
Our clients are public and private Education providers with a focus on Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) across several states in Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting for the following contract roles and applicants are required to state in 250 to 300 words why they are best suited for the advertised role, providing clear evidence that applicant has worked with successfully in the past and in a similar or related capacity. Applicants should also indicate their willingness to travel and/or be posted outside our Lagos and Abuja offices
This is a cross-functional role that offers specific Project-related services to the Project Management function within the organization in addition to the regular functions of an Accounting Officer.
On a routine basis therefore, the incumbent will have primary responsibility to:
- Co-ordinate correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, account receivables, vendor statements, and cash vouchers.
- Review financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports;
- Compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
- Performed relevant tasks by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems.
On an on-demand basis, the incumbent will have secondary responsibility for all administrative finance functions for tenders/projects and provides support to the project manager(s) in fulfilling the requirements of the tender and/or monitoring the financial performance of the project. The Project Finance Administrator coordinates activities including : budgeting, scheduling, month-end processing, project accounting, reporting, cash management and participates in monthly proactive project reviews.
• Ensuring that projects are run in compliance with the Organization’s requirements
• Disbursement & retirement of project budget
• Preparing and Administering the project budget
• Administering & retiring Operational expense
• Planning & scheduling financial resources for a group of projects
• Monitoring resource utilization
• Preparing weekly project reports
• Establishing and maintaining the project finance documentation library.
• Raise Project Finance Requisition(s) and follow through with Finance Manager
• Maintaining schedules and details of project financial transfers and other project-related payments required and their due dates, and ensuring that they are executed in a timely manner according to relevant contracts
• Supporting project staff in the preparation and implementation of project support, for example by arranging travel, per diem and accommodation of support staff In conjunction with the Finance Manager to comply with the prescribed administrative systems and allowances
• Ensuring that project expenditures are adequately tracked according to the agreed project budgets
• Keeping relevant project staff informed of incoming and outgoing project funds
• Processes payments and documents such as invoices, petty cash vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements.
• Calculates rates paid for purchases and all price extensions. Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
• Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems.
• Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
• Disburses funds using manual/local warrants or petty cash and makes change according to specific instructions.
• Files and/or removes records and reports.
• Coding invoices and other project expenditure
• Undertaking other duties from time to time as may be required by Finance Manager
• Good analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Efficient enough in MS suite (Excel, Power point, Word)
• Ability to understand different platforms.
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience in administrating substantial project budgets
• Careful and conscientious with demonstrable attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently under the direction of the line manager.
• Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to meet multiple deadlines.
• Willingness and ability to learn on the job, keen to undertake training and career development
Educational Qualification/ Work Experience:
• B.Sc. in Business Administration/ Project Management or a related field
• 2-4 Years work experience with at least 2 years in Financial management/Accounting