Controls & Automation Junior Designer
- Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Department: Control Systems Engineering
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex projects, while consistently maintaining job safety, time management, and the highest degree of quality. Bantrel provides EPC/EPCM services to the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure markets, Canada-wide.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our major shareholder, Bechtel Corporation, one of the most respected EPC companies in the world, and with the McCaig Family, Calgary-based with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel is seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Designer new grad with interest in Control & Automation Design. Reporting to the Electrical, Controls & Automation discipline lead Engineer, you will support projects globally working from our Saskatoon office with opportunities in other Bantrel offices and at project job sites.
This position requires sound knowledge in the design of project specific electrical & instrumentation components or systems, as well as fundamental knowledge of the electrical theory.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare electrical and instrumentation deliverables such as single line diagrams, motor schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, P&IDs, datasheets, MCC elevations, general arrangements, loop diagrams
- Prepare 3D equipment modeling and 3D design of cable tray
- Check drawings and deliverables prior to release
- Apply the design criteria throughout the evolution of the design
- Use vendor data, drawings and information to develop deliverables and the model
- Coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines
- Prepare lists and other deliverables such as cable schedules, equipment lists, and instrument lists
- Generate 2D drawings from the 3D model as required by the project
- In conjunction with engineering team, prepare design concepts for both internal and client review
- Produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for identified and approved concepts/projects in partnership with engineering team
- Engineering Technologist diploma or equivalent (Electrical & Instrumentation)
- Electrical & Instrumentation Design experience considered an asset
- Experience with PLC/DCS and control systems is considered an asset
- Desire to work on large or multiple small projects at one time
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to design in a 3D model environment
- Design and modeling skills; layout of electrical equipment
- Proficient use of AutoCAD
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
Bantrel has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all of our employees and contractors, and proof of vaccination will be required of all future employees and contractors. Bantrel will provide accommodations for individuals who are exempt from the vaccine requirement based on the protected grounds stipulated by applicable human rights legislation in their jurisdiction, to the point of undue hardship. Please note that prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work. By submitting your application and participating in Bantrel’s hiring process you will be deemed to have read and acknowledged this statement.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.