Lead Software Engineer – Front End (Remote Option)
- Boise, ID, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Balsam Brands is looking for a Lead Software Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical strategy and solutions towards the completion of projects and growth in technical skills of the development team. The lead will be working on design and development of our eCommerce website on a headless architecture. This candidate would have experience working on commerce platform that supports microservices based architecture and working knowledge of front-end technology stack. This candidate will be working closely with our DevOps, Quality Assurance, Project and Product team to ensure delivery of key business initiatives and projects in a timely manner.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Technology. This role can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Redwood City, CA or Boise, ID office location. By the Fall of 2022, our local teams will work in a hybrid model, which will include two days in-office.
What you’ll do:
- Lead medium to large strategic initiatives from start to finish including technical solutions to unblock the development team from completing a project
- Provide technical analysis, POC’s, technical scoping, and estimations on features and functionalities to support feature based development on our commerce platform
- Constantly find ways to improve application performance, stability, and reliability of the platform
- Involved in coding, unit testing and improving processes for our development team in order to gain efficiency by writing reliable and stable code base
- Work with the development team, external partners, and cross-functional teams during project planning, scoping, prioritization, and development
- Lead the architecture design of UI framework that’s being built on Headless Architecture and provide technical analysis on platform enhancements and customizations
- Involved in aiding and development for Continuous Automation and Continuous Integration process
You’ll be successful if:
- You are team player, strong in collaboration and have mentoring skills
- You have strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, enthusiastic, and are willing to take ownership
- Experience working in large teams using CI/CD and agile methodologies
- You have experience in leading distributed teams
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
What you bring to the table:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent preferred
- 8+ years of experience in software development with hands on knowledge on front end development
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Angular, React, Node JS, HTML 5, CSS required
- Strong working knowledge building websites on Headless Architecture and API driven development is highly desirable
- Experience working with eCommerce websites is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of next.js is a huge plus
- Full stack development knowledge is preferred
- Development knowledge of PWA and SPA is preferred
- Working knowledge with a CMS like Contentful or Contentstack is preferred
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a global, eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity for those seeking to have a meaningful impact in a people-first company that values relationship building, authenticity, and doing the right thing. We have steadily growing teams in Boise, the Bay Area, Dublin, the Philippines - and most recently, Windsor, Canada!
The company's mission is to create joy together. We empower our team and partners to love what they do, provide products and experiences that inspire meaningful moments with family and friends, and give back to our families and communities in impactful ways. When you join Balsam Brands, you'll find a culture of caring people doing challenging work and building a welcoming workplace.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Up to $300 flexible reimbursement to support setup of new team member's work-from-home environment
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we strive to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team to fulfill our purpose to create joy together. Balsam Brands is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.