Senior UX Writer (Remote Option)
- Boise, ID, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about crafting exceptional user experiences. More exactly, we need an impactful UX writer, content designer, creative thinker, skilled editor, motivated team player, and multi-tasker to join our team of talented, driven individuals. As the Sr. UX Writer, you’ll work closely with the UX Designer and User Researcher in collaboration with Creative, eCommerce, Marketing, and Product Management to develop copy that aligns to our user personas and their mental models. You’ll get the chance to learn about our customers and brands, plus collaborate with teammates (in Redwood City, CA; Boise, ID; Dublin, IR; and Manila, Philippines) on a strategic level from brainstorming to final execution and have fun at work!
This role will report to our Sr. Copy Manager. This is a full-time position that can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Redwood City, CA or Boise, ID office locations.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively identify areas where language can make a measurable customer impact. Give customers just the right information at the right time, make them feel welcome without being overwhelmed, and make their shopping experience enjoyable
- Define, build, and document best practices for UX writing
- Advocate for your recommendations to gain consensus across teams, balancing customer needs and business goals
- Articulate ideas clearly and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to different audiences at all levels of the organization
- Write clear, concise, helpful, conversational, inclusive, and on-brand copy for multiple touch points, including labels, instructions, helpful tips, pop-ups, offers, navigation elements, accessibility content, notifications, etc
- Understand the reading and comprehension patterns, abilities and habits of the target audience on various devices (mobile, tablet, wide screen, etc.)
- Account for copy being read by non-native speakers and translated into other languages, keeping space constraints in mind
- Dive deep into the customer journey to understand pain points and assess inputs (quantitative and qualitative data, user and stakeholder feedback, business and technical constraints, etc.) to inform and deliver simple and intuitive copy solutions
- Contribute to the professional development of teammates, improving their UX writing skills and knowledge, and educate cross-functional partners on the practice of UX writing and content design
- Receive feedback positively with a focus on finding a win, win solution
- Utilize brand tone & voice documents and writing style sheets to support multiple brands across multiple geographies
- Manage multiple priorities and projects under tight deadlines
- Create, edit, and proof own copy
- Be data-driven, plus brand and customer-centric
What you bring to the table:
**Please submit an online portfolio with your application that reflects your experience, specifying which work was created 100% by you vs. by a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience writing and editing copy for web and mobile as a UX writer for eCommerce
- Strong online portfolio of past work experience and deliverables, demonstrating before and after samples of your writing and outlining the problems you helped solve, your contributions, and the customer outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational communication skills with ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
- A holistic user-experience problem solver who considers every facet of the user journey
- Ability to successfully deliver against role responsibilities, working with minimal guidance and direction in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to support process, proactively identifying challenges while recommending solutions
- Capacity to meet deadlines and see projects through to completion
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and flexibility
- Sound project planning, time management, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of AP Stylebook
- Familiarity with Trello, Jira, or other project management tools
- Appreciation for good design and a desire for excellence
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.