- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands is looking for an experienced Recruiting Manager to lead recruitment for our Technical, eCommerce, and other internal teams. In this role, you will get the opportunity to help shape our hiring strategy for years to come, strategizing cross-functionally with high-performing teams, while coaching and developing your own talented team! Also serving as a full-cycle recruiter, you’ll drive Balsam recruiting from beginning-to-end, delivering a candidate experience which reflects our unique workplace.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, organized in a fast-paced environment, an excellent communicator, and has an eye for process improvement. S/he is confident leading, providing feedback, and optimizing recruiting processes to help us achieve our hiring goals. S/he enjoys working at both a strategic level and in the details, and is excited to join and begin building relationships with a growing global team!
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
The Recruiting Manager reports to our Senior Recruiting Manager. This is a full-time position located in Boise, Idaho. We have a hybrid work setup, which will include a blend of days working in-office and remote once we can all safely return.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a player-coach, directly overseeing and working alongside a team of recruiters, supporting in day-to-day activities to proactively drive the recruiting process by establishing effective sourcing and candidate screening strategies
- Learn and execute Balsam Brands’ short- and long-term hiring strategies as a full-cycle recruiter for U.S. and Ireland-based roles
- Ensure recruiting practices reflect Balsam Brands’ dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- Assess current applicant tracking system, identify areas for improvement, and lead the charge in selecting a new system as our teams grow and scale
- Collaborate with Balsam Brands leaders, People Team, Recruiting Director, and Senior Recruiting Manager to support role approvals, general hiring, and team building strategy
- Provide a positive and professional experience for all candidates and internal team members across all geographies
- Manage the full lifecycle recruiting process from role creation, sourcing, screening, and pipeline management, to offer negotiation and closing
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with internal global hiring teams, recruiting team members, and staffing/recruiting agencies
- Think outside-the-box to improve the Balsam employer brand and recruiting processes, maintaining an active awareness of the talent market
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years’ full-cycle recruiting experience, leadership over technical recruiting and/or recruiting for an eCommerce company is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience leading a team, ideally in a fast-growing company with the ability to coach, empower, and develop a team
- Experience working in a culturally and intellectually diverse workforce and understanding the need for diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruitment and hiring
- Must have respect for different perspectives and thinking preferences, as well as differences in backgrounds, experiences, personalities, skill sets, and knowledge bases
- Resourcefulness and adaptability:
- You are game for a dynamically changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- You embrace evolving priorities, shift gears easily and often; simultaneously moving multiple projects at once
- You can work efficiently with minimal guidance, ask great questions, and escalate concerns appropriately and promptly
- Desire and ability to build trusted partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency using applicant tracking systems; beneficial if you’ve led the selection process for an ATS
- Experience/comfort using Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams) and Zoom
Travel: TBD. Role may entail some travel to other offices and/or to university-based recruiting events when we can safely travel.
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume in your application.
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.