- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands is looking for an experienced, dynamic recruiter to drive Balsam recruiting from beginning-to-end, delivering a candidate experience which reflects our unique workplace. In this role, you’ll get to learn from and work within our global Recruiting Team to understand and execute the nuts and bolts of Balsam’s recruiting process. You will source and interact with talented individuals to join our team, while always striving to improve our candidate experience and employer brand.
Our ideal candidate will be proactive, organized in a fast-paced environment, an excellent communicator, and has an eye for process improvement. S/he enjoys working at both a strategic level and in the details, and is excited to join and begin building relationships with a global team!
The Recruiting Strategist reports to our Senior Recruiting Manager. This is a full-time, hybrid in-office position located in Boise, ID, which will require you to work three days in-office when we can safely return.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively learn and execute Balsam Brands’ short- and long-term hiring strategies as a full-cycle recruiter for U.S. and Ireland-based roles
- Ensure recruiting practices reflect Balsam Brands’ dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- Provide a positive and professional experience for all candidates and internal team members across all geographies
- Serve as a recruiting lead overseeing the Balsam interview process, which includes:
- Collaboration with hiring managers and interviewers across Balsam offices on technical and non-technical roles
- Assisting hiring managers in crafting compelling and inclusive job postings that provide an accurate job preview and appeal to the target audience
- Sourcing/reviewing resumes, screening, and scheduling interviews for qualified candidates
- Building hiring strategies and pipeline; assess and unblock challenges in the candidate funnel
- Developing interview questions that are appropriate and insightful for each role
- Conducting phone, video, and in-person interviews
- Facilitating interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers
- Conducting reference checks as needed
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with internal global hiring teams, recruiting team members, partners at nationwide colleges and universities, staffing/recruiting agencies, and other organizations
- Learn to work within and improve our suite of recruiting software and tools (SmartRecruiters, LinkedIn Recruiter)
- Think outside-the-box to improve the Balsam employer brand and recruiting processes, maintaining an active awareness of the talent market
- Take the lead on other tasks and projects, as needed
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years’ work experience, preferably as a full-cycle recruiter; prior experience in technical recruiting and/or for an eCommerce company is beneficial
- Experience working in a culturally and intellectually diverse workforce and understanding the need for diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruitment and hiring
- Must have respect for different perspectives and thinking preferences, as well as differences in backgrounds, experiences, personalities, skill sets, and knowledge bases
- Resourcefulness and adaptability:
- You are game for a dynamically changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- You embrace evolving priorities and shift gears easily and often
- You can work efficiently with minimal guidance, ask great questions, and escalate concerns appropriately and promptly
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong prioritization skills & ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Strong relationship building skills
- Flexibility to adapt in a rapidly changing environment and recruiting landscape
Travel: TBD. Role may entail some travel to Redwood City, CA and/or to university-based recruiting events when we can safely travel.
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.