Director, Product Management
- Boise, ID, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Are you looking to lead Product Management for a leading, global eCommerce retailer? Balsam Brands is seeking an experienced Director, Product Management to serve as product lead for our eCommerce webstores, including www.balsamhill.com. You will play a critical role in discovering and delivering on our eCommerce platform capabilities and in selecting and onboarding additional tools that enhance both the customer experience and our business processes. You will be a high-impact leader on our team, building out this function, [understanding the shopper experience and how to improve it,] creating products and processes, drafting requirements, performing product owner review, and grooming the backlog.
This position reports to the VP of eCommerce. This role can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Boise, ID office location.
What you’ll do:
- Establish Product Management as a function within Balsam Brands. Create and refine workflows and documentation. Educate internal partners on our development cycle and the role of product management within it.
- Build a strong team and create processes to deliver an improved customer experience and execution against business goals.
- Propose and prioritize features based on user and business impact; utilize analytics to determine prioritization.
- Maintain a well-groomed backlog and collaborate with cross-functional teams to prioritize features and bugs. Actively manage expectations by communicating statuses and timelines.
- Manage the team as well as educate the cross-functional team on how to transition from a Waterfall methodology to an Agile framework by building out epics, authoring user stories, and capturing bugs.
- Become an SAP Commerce platform expert, building a deep understanding of the capabilities of this tool and our implementation. Plan and participate in the upgrade cycle, understanding the value, risk, and level of effort associated with different versions and leveraging their capabilities.
- Partner with business stakeholders, UX, and our technical team to help build out a multi-year roadmap for webstore development. Research and select features that support user and business needs. Develop timelines that account for dependencies and resources.
- Anticipate the impact of functionality changes on business users and account for this in requirements to development. Partner with the business to update, document, and train on new business processes as needed.
- Support existing third-party tools (PIM, DAM) and select and onboard new ones. Evaluate providers against requirements, select the best solution, negotiate contracts, and manage ongoing vendor relationships.
- Support other efforts/initiatives as needed.
You’ll be successful if:
- You have a customer-centric mindset and operate with empathy and diplomacy
- You enjoy working collaboratively to create a better customer experience
- You have experience building teams and processes enabling a more efficient and flexible workplace
- You are comfortable communicating a differing viewpoint to leaders, business owners and cross-functional partners
- You have an unrelenting desire to understand how things work
- You love to learn about the techniques and technologies that drive great eCommerce sites
- You might have studied engineering — and if not, you can still follow along in a technical discussion
- You enjoy mapping systems, diagramming flows, and identifying key scenarios
- You enjoy coming up with creative solutions to difficult challenges
- You possess the ability to dive into feature tradeoffs based on engineering constraints one hour, and then eloquently describe the business benefits of those features the next hour
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of full-time work experience and 5+ years of full-time experience in product management for a B2C ecommerce site
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering/computer science a plus; Graduate degree or MBA a plus
- Experience building teams and processes
- Experience working with front-end and back-end development teams with an understanding of Headless framework with Microservices based architecture
- Experience writing user stories in support of the Agile development process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent project-management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while supporting several parallel projects simultaneously
- Experience with SAP Commerce or NetSuite a plus
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.