- Redwood City, CA, United States
We are looking for a talented individual to join our unique culture of teamwork & collaboration! You will assist with a variety of tasks related to organization and communication, including scheduling meetings with internal and external partners. You will have your hands in many buckets, jumping into different projects as needed, and keeping the office running smoothly.
We are looking for someone who is extremely detail oriented and a great multi-tasker. Communication skills, both written and verbal, are paramount. You will assist individuals throughout many parts of the organization and be a critical part of the team. You will be the “go-to” person for any office needs and wear many hats, while providing assistance across the organization.
This position will report to the Manager/Office Administration.
What you’ll do:
- Front Desk Reception:
- Welcome guests to Balsam Brands, presenting the first impression of the company to visitors
- Process outgoing shipments and handling of incoming mail and packages
- Field inbound telephone calls
- Conduct other administrative duties tied to front desk reception such as faxing, filing, word processing and control office music
- Receive and distribute mail, including scanning documents to various teams
- Collect mail up from UPS box in Redwood City
- Office Management:
- General office organization, cleaning and tidying including management of the office, kitchen, and common spaces
- Refill supplies and keep inventory, anticipate team member needs for office supplies
- Manage facility repairs in coordination with property management and other contractors
- Assist with onboarding new team members by setting up their desk space, providing office keys and fobs, parking permits, and office orientation
- Point of contact and relationship management for property management company and service providers including printers, alarm, and security systems
- Assist with maintaining seating charts, implementing, and enforcing COVID safety protocols and other office norms, and communicating with team members about updates and changes
- Assist with decorating and updating office space for season turnover, events, or parties
- Assist with parking passes, payments and towing unauthorized vehicles
- Manage Cal Train Passes
- Manage and update Zoom Slides
- Event Planning
- Organize, manage, and host virtual (and in-person) office events including lunches, holiday parties, birthdays, new team member welcome events, offsites, volunteer opportunities, and other team building events
- Procure event supplies and catering
- Manage event set up and tear down
- Support for Internal Team
- Oversee the management of the Balsam Brands 4 plex in Redwood City
- Write stipend checks for visiting Team Manila Members
- Serve as the go-to expert with teleconference tool, Zoom, and other in-office technologies
- Assist teams with calendaring and planning larger events such as Teamwide meetings, goal celebrations, and functional offsites
- Production and editing of internal meeting materials such as PowerPoint presentations
- Communicate via email, Slack, or verbally with Redwood City office team or broader team as needed regarding office updates, events, or other announcements
- Assist with ad hoc special projects and events as needed
You’ll be successful if:
- You love hosting a party and bringing people together
- You enjoy having your hands in many projects
- You enjoy interacting with colleagues from a variety of functional teams
- You are a natural problem solver who enjoys learning
- You’re forward thinking, organized, and self-motivated
- You thrive both independently and within a team environment
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 1-2 years relevant experience
- Entry level applicants are encouraged
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with MS Office suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A friendly demeanor
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. This role is expected to be in-office during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.