- Boise, ID, USA
Are you a technical problem-solver who enjoys investigating new, out-of-the-box ways to make emails more engaging? Do you enjoy setting up workflows and A/B tests, reviewing results, and taking initiative to make campaigns better with the knowledge gained? Are you passionate about making the Balsam Brands customer experience best in class within the marketplace? If so, then you should join our dynamic, growing team at Balsam Brands as an Email Developer.
As an Email Developer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of our email marketing campaigns. You will be accountable for building out deployments, designing customer journey flows, segmentation, list management, optimization, and performance monitoring. We will expect you to build your technical skills as a part of a broader effort to use data to better understand and speak to our customers.
This position reports to the Senior CRM Strategist.
What you’ll do:
- Perform day-to-day email production activities including, but not limited to, email campaign development, testing, list segmentation, tagging, scheduling, deployment and monitoring of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic email campaigns
- Code responsive HTML/CSS email templates to be compatible with different email clients, browsers, and mobile devices
- Develop rule-based email templates that integrate personalized dynamic content elements
- Build and optimize customer email journeys to increase engagement and drive conversion
- Analyze metrics and test results and proactively communicate your learnings to the broader team
- Propose new A/B tests to improve our KPI’s
- Identify and resolve weaknesses and gaps in current processes
You’ll be successful if you:
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Are a quick learner with a genuine interest in improving email performance through a data-driven approach
- Are a self-starter who’s able to prioritize and manage multiple projects while working collaboratively
- Are passionate about solving problems and bring innovative new ideas to the table
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2+ years of relevant email execution experience, preferably with an eCommerce brand
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Experience using, building, and maintaining both one-off marketing and lifecycle campaigns
- Knowledge of email subscriber list best practices for both GDPR, CCPA, and CAN-SPAM laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that bridge technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Experience with A/B testing and email optimization
- Experience with proofing tools such as Litmus or Email on Acid
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. This role will require you to work from our Boise office when we can safely return.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.