Senior Manager - Strategy & Architecture
- Boise, ID, USA
We are looking for a Sr. Manager of Strategy and Architecture to join our team. This opportunity calls for a passionate, dynamic professional who has a passion for technology, experience in technology modernization initiatives and exposure to integration platform, supply chain, order management, digital commerce and CRM systems. This is an incredible opportunity to bring your expertise, experience and contribute to Balsam brands growth through the thoughtful application of digital best practices and creative thinking.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of creating business value through technology and innovation. This role is instrumental at Balsam Brands and will be primarily involved in accelerating our digital transformation journey. Redefining how customers connect with Balsam, as well as the quality and innovation in our corporate technology and applications, is instrumental in achieving our vision for the future of work.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Sr. Manager of Strategy and Architecture will be a member of the senior technology leadership team and programs.
What you’ll do:
- Build long term technology strategies and value-driven roadmaps.
- Determine and execute various management programs and services that are strategic technology initiatives and work with a distributed team of partners to deliver these highly visible, high-impact programs.
- Be a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the CTO and the technology leadership team.
- Research emerging, alternate and disruptive technologies and develop a point of view that will be relevant to Balsam’s business outcomes.
- Establish architectural guidance and engineering practices by working closely with partners for the delivery of solutions, within the established guidelines and practices.
- Work closely with the Balsam business users, partners and other members of the technology team to define and deliver impactful initiatives.
- Provide program leadership, assist in planning, execution and delivering business results for key initiatives.
- Grow and manage a high performing team with a strong focus on relationship building and career/personal growth
What you bring to the table:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience in a technology role, preferably with the bulk of the experience in the retail technology domain.
- 5+ years of experience in the technology domain of defining and building architectural frameworks for emerging technologies
- Expertise in architecting large scale distributed systems with High Availability and low latency especially in the Microservices based API platform.
- Experience in one or more public cloud technologies (preferably Azure), middleware (preferably MuleSoft).
- Expert team leadership, including growing, managing and coaching a team of direct reports
- A team player who is independent and takes initiative in ensuring results.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Should have experience working with cross cultural and distributed teams working across different time zones.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven and motivated with entrepreneurial passion and desire to work in a result driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. This role will require you to work out of our Boise office when we can safely return.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.