People Initiatives Coordinator
- Boise, ID, USA
As People Initiatives Coordinator, you will learn the ins and outs of a Human Resources team and help support Balsam Brands in providing an excellent team member experience. You will learn all about different aspects of Human Resources including onboarding, offboarding, learning & development, compliance, and engagement while also executing on long term projects that help drive our “People First” strategy. We are looking for someone with strong organizational and communication skills, a desire to learn and grow, and who isn’t afraid to jump in on new projects and try new things.
This position reports to the People Initiatives Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with (and eventually lead) New Team Member Onboarding
- Coordinate with admin and IT teams to ensure that equipment and welcome events are setup for new hire’s first day
- Coordination with hiring managers to discuss onboarding and training plan
- Conduct training sessions with new team members within their first week
- Assist in continuous improvement and strategy of our onboarding process
- Assist in coordinating various events including team offsites, celebrations, volunteer opportunities, and others
- Assist in research on local norms and industry standards for People Initiatives topics such as paid time off (PTO), parental leave, and office perks
- Be a resource for our internal team to help answer questions about company norms, benefits, and share company announcements
- Update and audit internal systems with team member data to ensure accuracy
- Assist with engagement and culture projects
- Assist in the execution and follow up of our internal team surveys (tNPS, engagement survey, pulse surveys)
- Help to continuously improve and execute our internal mentorship program
- Ensure compliance within the Boise office as it relates to Human Resources required postings, Emergency Action Plans, handbook updates and other projects
- Help maintain and update company website
- Be the liaison between the team and our information technology group: providing feedback, updating on upcoming technology needs and changes
You’ll be successful if:
- You love working with people and have a genuine interest in Human Resources
- You’re forward thinking and self-motivated to improve on existing processes or norms
- You are a natural problem solver who enjoys learning
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree, or additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 1+ year(s) professional work experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Resourcefulness and adaptability:
- You are game for a dynamically changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- You embrace evolving priorities and shift gears easily and often
- You can work efficiently with minimal guidance, ask great questions, and escalate concerns appropriately and promptly
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. This role will require you to work from our Boise office when we can safely return.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.