Product Manager (Remote Option)
We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative Product Manager to support our eCommerce initiatives. As Product Manager, you will play a critical role in developing our products and features to enhance the customer experience, as well as our business processes. You will be adept at using Agile methodologies to bring our products to life. You thrive both knee-deep in analysis, as well as with cross-functional collaboration, expertly managing expectations and communicating with your teammates.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management. This role can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Boise, ID office location.
What you’ll do:
- Function as product owner, maintaining well‐groomed backlogs and artifacts; actively manage expectations by communicating statuses and timelines
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, attending daily Scrums, and facilitating backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review discussions, and sprint demos
- Create story maps, author user stories, tasks, and bugs with a customer centric eye
- Partner with technology, business analysts, and key stakeholders to dissect requirements and understand risks and dependencies
- Hold an in depth understanding of the impact functional changes may have on the customer and overall business
- Provide data analysis using GA, Power BI and Crazy Egg to understand user behavior and identify opportunities
- Complete competitive analysis and market research to inform features that support future growth
- Develop and be held accountable for timelines that account for dependencies and resources
- Document, train and communicate new business processes and changes to ecommerce to support our culture of transparency
- Work closely with cross-functional teammates, and partner with external vendors
- Support other efforts/initiatives as needed
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years professional experience, which includes 3+ years experience as a Product Manager and 3+ years hands-on experience working in a B2C ecommerce environment
- Professional Product Management certifications are a plus (i.e. CSM, Agile, PDP, etc)
- Experience working with SAP Commerce is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience prioritizing backlogs and working with cross-functional partners to understand trade-offs
- In-depth understanding of A/B testing and optimization best practices
- Top-notch organization skills
- Passion for teamwork and collaboration
- People management experience is a plus
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.