Data Architect Manager
Balsam Brands Technology Team is looking for a Data Architect Manager to join and lead our growing team of data analytics experts. You will be responsible for designing and developing robust and scalable data analytics solutions. You will be responsible for hiring, leading and coaching data engineers on your team. The Data Architect Manager will be responsible for implementing/optimizing the data architecture and implement standards and governance. You will also be responsible for maintaining consistent delivery of accurate data to cross-functional stake holders. On projects, you will guide the project team and make sure that the project abides to data architecture principles.
Our ideal candidate is an expert data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building data systems from the ground up and optimizing their performance. S/he will be excited by the prospect of designing our company’s data architecture to support the next generation of products and data initiatives.
The Data Architect Manager will report to the Director of Enterprise Technology.
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for defining architecture and building/maintaining the data infrastructure for the organization
- Collaborate with business leaders and prepare long term data roadmap to support the BI requirements
- Champion data warehouse, create denormalized data foundation layer and normalized data marts
- Define strategies to capture all data sources and impact of business process changes on data feeds, data model etc.
- Manage and administer all aspects of the data warehouse/BI environment including architecture, design, development, server administration, automation, caching, performance tuning etc.
- Continually explore new technologies like Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Predictive Data Modeling etc. and assess their fit and value for the organization
- Grow and manage a high performing team with a strong focus on relationship building and career/personal growth
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of professional experience in the analytics field with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated history of designing and building enterprise level data foundations and architecture
- Expert team leadership, including growing, managing and coaching a team of direct reports
- Experience in cloud technologies like AWS, Azure etc.
- Expert level knowledge and experience working with SQL and relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Business and analytical thinker, with an ability to create solutions based on data analytics
- Ability to understand and tell the story embedded in the data at the core of our business
- Ability to communicate complex analytic ideas and insights to a non-technical audience from a variety of business functions.
- Ability to design, execute, and interpret the results of experiments on large and complex data sets
- Strong knowledge of, and competencies in, industry best / next practices in the application of analytics in marketing contexts.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.