eCommerce Manager, Online Merchandising
As an Online Merchandising Manager you will be responsible for defining eCommerce Merchandising strategies across categories that are consistent with brand and business goals and that deliver a world-class customer experience. A successful Online Merchandising leader will combine an understanding of visual merchandising and what drives eCommerce sales, as well as a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy. You will lead a team that will build an unparalleled shopping experience across all brands and geographies by collaborating with Creative, Marketing, Product Design and Merchant teams to tell key merchandising stories end to end.
The ideal candidate is an innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused leader with proven experience driving digital revenue who has great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This person will have demonstrated skill with technical tools and processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis or other relevant experience. This position reports to the Director of eCommerce.
What you’ll do:
- Develop eCommerce merchandising strategy and tactical plans that will help meet and/or exceed company revenue and profitability goals
- Partner with Merchandising (physical product) to ensure that product goals and benefits are being translated onto our webstores in a way that is consistent with their strategies and value propositions
- Drive day to day optimization and digital revenue responsibilities across categories; analyze weekly and daily performance, provide insights and drive day to day optimization across all platforms
- Define the long-term merchandising strategies across brands and geographies and identify areas to improve site conversion
- Work with Marketing, Merchandising and Creative teams in our integrated planning process to deliver a cohesive shopping experience across all touchpoints
- Understand our shopper needs and expectations in different geographies and work with creative teams to achieve a balanced, strategic approach to online merchandising localization
- Work with creative and localization teams to define online merchandising processes for non-English speaking countries
- Contribute to the flawless execution of visual merchandising strategies
- Utilize reporting (conversion, funnel, etc.) data & analytics to improve business performance and inform merchandising strategies to drive growth
- Adjust the site strategy based on assessment of the competitive landscape (site merchandising strategies of key competitors and best-in-class online retailers) and emerging online trends
- Manage a small team of online merchandisers to develop the visual merchandising strategy across brands and geographies
What you bring to the table:
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce best practices; very strong merchandising “eye”
- 6+ years of experience in online merchandising, marketing, or eCommerce for a top-tier direct-to-consumer brand
- Well-versed in website analytics and proficient in analyzing data for eCommerce decision making
- Experience working with enterprise-level product information and content management software
- Proven ability to link knowledge of branding and target customers to key eCommerce elements in order to drive the business
- Ability to empathize with customers to understand their core needs, gather insights and create solutions that build the business with a customer-centric approach in the short and long term
- Partners well cross-functionally and develops efficient processes for feedback and collaboration; able to work side-by-side clearly and consistently across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan
- Strong creative, critical thinking, and intuitive problem-solving skills
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication
- Strong people manager with a demonstrated track record of building, leading, developing and retaining effective teams
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.